Pages

Thursday 2 June 2011

02/06/2011 - 15 Days left - Shot 15 Set up





 Here you can see a selection of images for when I began setting up the log scene for render. the only issue i had with this scene was that everything in the scene is so close together that Ambient Occlusion was coming out black. As this was an issue I had never had before it took a while to work around the issue although it was just a matter of playing with the settings.

 Once I got the Ambient Occlusion looking right I had a play with the amount if shadow till I got a nice look to the character


I then moved the time Slider to make sure that the Occlusion was looking right on the Mongol Character





One of the thing I wanted to do on this scene was try to simulate the light shining through the holw in the log. If i had time i would have brought in some particles for the light to catch to give the log a musty feel but realisticly the shot was only on screen for 2 seconds so it didnt really make much of a difference.


With this intiial light set up you can see that that i only had the one light but it kind of show the effect that i wanted.


Here you can see where I brought the character into the shot as I wanted him to slide through the light. You can see that the character was catching the light but it deinately was to dark.




Here you can see where i started bringin in a light from a lower angle to iluminate the mans face, this scene was also hard to have 3 point lighing as the log got in the way so it meant i needed to play around with the lighting a lot more.




Here you can see where I brought the marmot into the shot so that I could making sure the light look good on him as well


This was the final lighting for the scene as I needed to move on to the next shot for rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment