Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Rendering 3

After my talk with the director I could see that this style wasn't working and the director said that he want to go in more a scroll style direction and maybe try and have the characters look more drawn. Initially I tried using the outline shader that is built in to Maya but I was having a lot of issues getting it to work. While I was trying to get it to work I didn't realise that I still had the cell shader active and I accidentally rendered from under the light and saw the my model had and outline of one colour.

It occured to me that if I used this right I could colour key the inner colours in After Effect i could the use the outline as a maskfor a solid black that could give the drawn look. Below you can see a test I creadted using this techniqueso that I could show the director how this could start to look, I also used a background from the web that looked like a scroll to give as good a representation of the final piece as I could at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment